Bagels and cream cheese. That’s the most common way to eat a bagel. But what about butter? What about flavored butter? We think butter on a toasted bagel is much too overlooked, and we’ve got 15 bagel-butter flavor combinations to prove it.
- Black Truffle Butter – This butter is well suited for any savory bagel, but our favorite pairing is with a rye bagel.
- Chili Lime Butter – Cheddar or garlic bagel. Trust us.
- Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Butter - French toast bagels. (Yes, there is such a thing as French toast bagels.) This is a quick and easy way to enjoy the deliciousness of cinnamon French toast without all the hassle and mess.
- Cranberry Orange Butter (seasonal) – Chocolate and orange are a classic combination, which is why we recommend pairing this butter with a chocolate chip bagel. Cranberry Orange Butter will really get you into the holiday season.
- Garlic Parmesan Butter – Everything bagels are iconic but pair it with Garlic Parmesan Butter, and it becomes legendary.
- Lemon Garlic Herb Butter – Add this butter to a poppyseed bagel for some added texture to go with this smooth butter.
- Maple Syrup Butter - Maple Syrup Butter will obviously work well on a French toast bagel, but there is a superior combination. Maple Syrup Butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel tastes like sweet breakfast heaven.
- Roasted Garlic Herb Butter (organic or conventional) - We know and understand that having an onion bagel in the morning is not always the best option for those around you, but it’s worth the onion breath. Roasted Garlic Herb Butter compliments an onion bagel extraordinarily well.
- Pumpkin Spice Butter (seasonal) – Pumpkin spice isn’t just popular for lattes. Try it on a pumpernickel bagel. Pure perfection.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper Butter – Craving a savory and filling breakfast? Sea Salt & Black Pepper Butter with cheese and egg on a whole grain bagel will get you there.
- Tuscan Herb Butter – Add this butter to any cheese bagel—including asiago!—and you’re set.
- White Truffle Butter – Add White Truffle Butter to a sesame bagel and take it from ordinary to extraordinary.
- Black Garlic Butter – Use a simple bagel, such as an egg bagel, to bring out the sweet and savory flavors of Black Garlic Butter.
- Everything Bagel Blend Butter – Add this butter to a plain bagel to get the flavor of an everything bagel without the crumbs.
- Honey Vanilla Butter - This butter flavor pairs nicely with the fruitiness of a blueberry bagel.
What’s your favorite butter-bagel combination? Tell us about it on Facebook.