White Truffle Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound pasta
- 2-4 tablespoon Epicurean Butter White Truffle Flavored Butter
- 4 tablespoon salted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 3 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
This Recipe calls for
White Truffle Butter
3.0 oz tub
Epicurean Butter White Truffle Flavored Butter adds a fancy and restaurant-quality twist to classic mac and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare a 9"x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes less than package instructions. Drain the pasta and put in large mixing bowl. While pasta is still warm, stir in 1 tablespoon White Truffle Flavored Butter. Use up to 2 tablespoons for more truffle flavor.
- While pasta is cooking, melt salted butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour and mustard. Cook, stirring well, until no visible flour remains, about 1 minute. Whisk in the half & half and milk and cook until bubbling. Turn heat down to low and cook 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat and add pepper, to taste. Add 2 cups shredded white cheddar and stir until cheese is melted and sauce looks creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the cheese sauce onto the pasta and mix well. Transfer to the baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup cheese. Melt 1 tablespoon White Truffle Flavored Butter in a small bowl. Mix in panko breadcrumbs and pour over pasta. Bake 25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and sauce is bubbling. Broil for 1 minute to brown panko and then remove from oven.
- Let dish sit for 5 minutes before serving.