- Combine all ingredients in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag.
- Place in a water bath and cook at 185°F for one hour.
- Gently shape two, one-inch thick hamburger patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag and cook in a water bath set to 140°F for 90 minutes.
- Over medium-high heat, melt Epicurean Roasted Garlic Herb butter in pan. Sear patties one minute on each side. While searing second side, add cheese to melt.
- Let rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Place between buns and top with your favorite condiments.
When cooking meats sous vide style, you do not usually include butter or other fats in the water bath, which is why we waited to add the butter until the searing stage. If you like your burgers extra garlicky or saucy, we think adding an extra tab or two of butter could really pay off.
For sous vide vegetable cooking, you often see recipes that include butter in the bag. Because we recommend adding only a touch of that maple syrup flavor on those beets, we would not add any more than 1 tbsp of Epicurean Maple Syrup butter. You could also do half Maple Syrup butter and half unflavored butter if you want less maple flavor.