Pumpkin Toffee Graham Cracker Bars
2-3 hrs and 15 min
- 12-15 graham crackers, depending on size of sheet pan
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) salted butter
- 1 (3.5 oz.) tub of Epicurean Butter Pumpkin Spice Flavored Butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning
- 2-3 granny smith apples, diced
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Maldon salt (any type of flaky salt, but Maldon is my favorite)
This Recipe calls for
Pumpkin Spice Butter
3.5 oz tub
Not currently available
Created by: Elizabeth Carroll | The Denver Vegetarian
(Instagram: @_thedenvervegetarian, website: thedenvervegetarian.com)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper and cover with graham crackers to act as the base for the bars.
- Melt both kinds of butter, brown sugar, pecans, and pumpkin spice seasoning over medium-high heat until melted, and mixture starts to low boil.
- Stir continuously, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat. Immediately pour over graham crackers, spreading evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, double boil chocolate chips to melt (You can melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals, but double boiling gives a silkier texture and is easier to control, so you don’t overheat).
- (Optional) Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag.
- After the toffee has baked onto the graham crackers, top hot toffee with apples. Do this immediately, before the toffee starts to set. You want your apples nestled into the toffee, not sitting on top.
- Drizzle with chocolate (either pipe or you can use a spoon).
- Sprinkle with maldon salt.
- Chill in fridge 2-3 hours before serving.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- This recipe will save in the fridge for up to 3 days.