What’s not to love about shrimp scampi? This Italian-American dish of shrimp, garlic, wine, and butter is bright, briny, and rich. It’s the ultimate comfort food camouflaged as classic gourmet, and with minimal chopping and very little prep time at the end of a long day, you can have an impressive homemade meal on the table in about 30 minutes.
Shrimp scampi has many variations, but we love this one. We boost the flavor with Epicurean Lemon Garlic Herb Butter, because, let’s be honest...the best part of shrimp scampi is the butter. Be sure to have some pasta or bread on hand...you don’t want any of this sauce to go to waste!
Shrimp Scampi with Epicurean Lemon Garlic Herb ButterBy Epicurean Butter
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients:- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 ¼ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- ½ cup dry white wine or vermouth
- one 3.5 oz container Epicurean Lemon Garlic Herb Butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced shallots and cook until translucent, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant.
2. Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and black pepper. Add to the skillet and cook until pink, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes (remove from the pan. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
3. Pour white wine into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by about half and then add Lemon Garlic Herb Butter. Bring back to a slow simmer and return shrimp to the pan. Add chopped parsley and toss. Remove from heat, season with salt and black pepper, and serve with cooked pasta or crusty bread.